Saturday, April 23, 2011

My first ever attempt at a tutorial!

This is my fist ever tutorial so bear with me here and let me know if you have any questions! Also, If you decide to make one, send me a picture of it and I'll post it here with a link to your blog or fan site!

PRIATE TREASURE MAP
I started with some Iron On Transfer Paper:
Photobucket
Then found a picture online that I liked:
Photobucket
Of course you have to reverse it so it will face the correct way once on the fabric:
Photobucket
Then print and iron on to an old white Tee Shirt that my hubby can't wear anymore:
Photobucket
Cut it out and distress the corners of the transfer a bit. I took some tea bags out of the pitcure of tea I had just made and squished them onto the back side of the fabric to discolor it, Layed it out on a baking rack:
Photobucket
And put it in the oven at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes to let it dry out:
Photobucket
Once its cooled off completely scrunch it up really good to soften it. (It will be slightly stiff):
Photobucket
Roll it up and you have yourself an awesome little Pirate's map:
Photobucket
I hope Doodle likes it! She's been running around for weeks saying "Argh, mateys!" LOL ♥

I'll be linking this one up with Hazel and Honeysuckle



2 comments:

  1. So fun!! What a great idea. And you did an awesome job for your first tutorial. Keep up the great work!

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and hopefully the start of a great many fun tutorials :D Thanks for linking this up at H&H, sorry I'm a bit slow getting around to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback!

{I try to answer every question posted here. If you have a question that you need answered right away, please email me at misslaurenboop@yahoo.com}

Thanks for stopping by!