Friday, May 6, 2011

Super Easy Wreath Tutorial

My Mom loves wreaths and has one for every season. She has been bugging me lately to make her a special one so I decided, what better time than Mother's Day! I love to find things to craft with at the Dollar Store and spent all of $7 on supplies for this project. It is so easy and only requires a little time and the knowledge of how to tie a knot!
Here we go:
5 rolls of ribbon in coordinating colors
Photobucket
Cut 12" strips and heat seal the ends. (I needed about 80 strips for mine but you may need more or less depending on the size of your wreath and the width of the ribbon)
Photobucket
You'll also need a wreath form (I used a 9" natural vine wreath but you could use a wire form or even styrofoam) Start tying the ribbon to the wreath in any pattern you like.
Photobucket
See how I just used a double knot?
Photobucket
Once it's completed, it will look similar to this:
Photobucket
Embellish with anything you like. (I had these sheer butterflies and buttons lying around)
Photobucket
I love the way it looks! The colors compliment each other and I just know my Mom will love it!
Let me know what you think about the tutorial and if you have any questions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback!

{I try to answer every question posted here. If you have a question that you need answered right away, please email me at misslaurenboop@yahoo.com}

Thanks for stopping by!